This week, IDNR announced nearly $60 million in state grants being awarded to park districts across Illinois. The Open Space Land Acquisition and Development grants are awarded to qualified recipients to help communities acquire land and further develop recreational, outdoor opportunities.
Park Districts within the 38th Senate District received a total of just over $2.8 million. The recipients of the grants include:
- Kendall County Forest Preserve District – Kendall County – $600,000
- DeKalb Park District – DeKalb County – $507,000
- City of Marseilles – LaSalle County – $600,000
- City of Morris – Grundy County – $600,000
- City of Ottawa – LaSalle County – $506,000
State Senator Sue Rezin says investing in outdoor spaces is critical to the health and well-being of a community’s residents. Sen. Rezin applauds the recipients for seeking to improve the quality of life for the people it serves.